Re: SP rules on catalytic converters

To: <dg50@daimlerchrysler.com>
Subject: Re: SP rules on catalytic converters
From: "richard nichols" <rnichol1@san.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 13:15:11 -0800
No, no, no -- I was being responsive to YOUR point, which was to allow no
mods to the turbo but allow mods to the boost controls.  The SVO in stock
trim makes 15 psi, and there's not much worth doing to the motor at that
level of boost without an intercooler change.

>>I like it -- but only because it favors the SVO, which can make well over
20
>>psi and flow up to 300 hp with the stock turbo and an engine modified to
SP
>>rules.
>
>Which puts you at about even (or a little less) with the other cars in ESP,
>doesn't it?

At 15 psi the SVO is putting out 200 to 205 hp. in stock trim.

With your proposal, the SVO would be boost-limited only by the head gasket,
and so I could go with 50% boost increase and make enough changes within the
SP rules to make the boost increase worthwhile.

Don't think there are too many turbocars in ESP (note, I didn't say NONE,
'cause I don't personally know, just an "educated guess") that make over 20
psi boost in street trim.

Richard Nichols
rnichol1@san.rr.com
San Diego, CA