SP rules and ESP Clarification

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: SP rules and ESP Clarification
From: richj50@bit-net.com
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 16:09:07 -0500 (EST)
Here's a few data points.  I've heard that the Supra in question claims
400hp at the rear wheels.  For those of you that think that the big,
powerful f-bodies can top or equal that, here are some dyno figures:

LT1 Z28 modded to limit of rules: 275-290hp max.
LS1 stock: 300 rwhp
LS1 modded to limit of rules: probably 330 max.
LT4 (John Ames' old car): 315rwhp (I saw it on the dyno myself)

If the Supra really makes 400 rwhp, it's in a whole 'nother universe of
power than the f-bodies.

Rich Johnston
95 Z28 ESP

-------