RE: SP rules on catalytic converters

To: "Mohler, Jeff" <jeff.mohler@wilcom.com>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: SP rules on catalytic converters
From: Sam Strano <strano@stranoparts.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 13:41:14 -0500
At 11:44 AM 3/22/99 -0600, Mohler, Jeff wrote:
>> And in SP when you can add bypass vavles
>       ---
>
>       Upgraded compressor bypass valves (BOVs) were outlawed last year.
>
>       WHY..nobody can tell me.  (Another magic Turbo trick I guess)
>
>       Correct?

Oh, that I didn't know.  I can see why.  It's something that there is no
equivilent for on a normally aspirated engine.  If it does nothing and was
outlawed then who cares?  People tend only to get upset when it effect
them.  Will it help as much as more boost, well no.
I think it comes do to an equality thing in terms of mods.  See the 'ol
Neon motor mount, Subframe connector arguments to see how serious SCCA is
about NOT letting cars get different things.  I could use connectors and
would if they were legal, so could you if you wanted too (if they were
legal).  Sure they wouldn't help you, but if they changed the rule everyone
could do it.  They thing with the turbo stuff is that *only* turbo cars can
benefit.  There is no equal on a non-turbo.

Sam Strano Jr.
Strano Performance Parts
800-729-1831
814-849-3417 (tech.)