Re: SP rules on catalytic converters

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SP rules on catalytic converters
From: "Fedja Jeleskovic" <Fedja_Jeleskovic@pictel.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 10:37:56 -0500

Sam wrote:

>Lemme say this.  As ungodly fast as John Ames' SS (now Steve E.'s car) is,
>no-one ever saw it leave 50+ feet of  (315) rubber on good Concrete.  And
>that's something to ponder since the Supra has more weight in the ass, and
>I can guarantee it launches better, and the SS has a weak 'ol LT4 in

Yes, but you don't have to launch SS Camaro or Mustang from 4000+ RPMs as
turbo cars (you are missing our famous lag). Most of the pony cars will
burn a lot of rubber just by flooring it even from the second gear. So,
tell us how long mark will your car (or any pony car) leave if you would
launch it from the 4K or more?

Fedja