RE: SP rules on catalytic converters

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: SP rules on catalytic converters
From: "Fedja Jeleskovic" <Fedja_Jeleskovic@pictel.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 14:07:16 -0500

>Neon motor mount, Subframe connector arguments to see how serious SCCA is
>about NOT letting cars get different things.  I could use connectors and
>would if they were legal, so could you if you wanted too (if they were
>legal).  Sure they wouldn't help you, but if they changed the rule
everyone
>could do it.  They thing with the turbo stuff is that *only* turbo cars
can
>benefit.  There is no equal on a non-turbo.

That is something that I agree with. There is not equal on the non-turbo.
But this point of view where you taking non-turbo cars as a "normal" (or
primary) cars and turbo cars as something else. If we would take a
different look here for a moment and take turbo cars as a "normal" (or
primary) cars, and all others as something else, picture will be quite
different.

Let see, for example, turbo cars have a turbo lag and you have to fight
with it all the time. "Other" cars have no turbo lag which is great unfair
advantage so let's make some rule to slow them down. How would that sound
for you non turbo guys? Maybe running restrictor plates before throttle
body, so your flow will be restricted.

Or, every time when turbo car gets closed throttle, BOV blows all the
pressurized air outside (or just before the turbo). At the same time
pressure of air before turbo does not change for "other" cars, which is one
of the reasons they can get on the throttle much faster. Let's restrict
this one a well.

And, so on. I guess you get the picture. If you felt just for the second
that all world is against you non-turbo drivers, than you might know how we
feel all the time here!

Fedja
95 AWD with Turbo
#34 ESP