RE: SP rules on catalytic converters

To: "Mohler, Jeff" <jeff.mohler@wilcom.com>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: SP rules on catalytic converters
From: Sam Strano <strano@stranoparts.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 12:16:58 -0500
At 10:55 AM 3/22/99 -0600, Mohler, Jeff wrote:
        ---

>       But once you get it in a straight line..instant-on torque.  You dont
>get that in a turbo car at 8.x:1 compression and tons of lag.
>
>       Parity.  You cant turn, I cant instantly GO.

Just pointing out the fact people overlook obvious things like handling one
power comes into the equation........
But, I do have to argue that a turbo car can't go as well out of a corner
as a NA car.  Having driven an RX7tt a few times I find it rock out of
corners every bit as well as the Camaro, if not better in a lot of cases.
And I don't even left foot brake!  It's all in how you work the turbo.  I
also own a turbo that I autoxed for two years prior to the Camaro.  Lag was
not a big issue there either.  And in SP when you can add bypass vavles
etc.  I don't buy the lag argument.  pony car guys can't instantly go
either believe it or not.

Sam Strano Jr.
Strano Performance Parts
800-729-1831