Re: Our Sport

To: Tjackson82@aol.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Our Sport
From: DWhitesdJr@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 23:57:07 EDT
In a message dated 9/23/99 10:17:22 PM Central Daylight Time,
Tjackson82@aol.com writes:

<< It seems to me that we cross over a critical line when we put real race
 drivers in our cars. To theses guys, these cars we cherish are simply blunt
 objects designed to get them to the winner's circle. That's how they treated
 the cars when they were new, it's how many of them treat them now. >>

Isn't that a little unfair to the "real race drivers" like Phil Hill and
Brian Redman, who may have treated car like tools when they were new, but now
have a proper respect for the old beasts.  When was the last time either one
of these gentlemen had an "at fault" incident.