Re: Our Sport

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Our Sport
From: jdesanti@inficon.com
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 08:48:33 -0400

     I gotta say, stirring up this group can be more fun than a barrel of
Monkeys, or so my kids would say.

     If I offended anyone with my "rich boy hobby" comment I am sorry - I only
tried to lighten this discussion
up a bit.  It seems to have had the opposite effect.

     Has anyone besides me received a letter from SVRA ,  it addresses many of
the concerns we have
been discussing over the past few weeks.  It's my guess that they must be
lurking in this group. For those of
you that are not members I will post it as soon as I can figure out how to scan
it.  Seems my scanner
doesn't look like anything I might find in a Vintage Racer.

     To Claire Schueler "SVRA Madam President"  I can only say RIGHT ON.

     To those of us complaining about the shenanigans at the Glen, Claire issued
a challenge - join the
"drivers committee"  and help clean up our Sport/Hobby.  I guess I now have to
put up or shut up, but as you all
know I am to dam mouthy to shut up so I guess I have to sigh up.