Re: What is Vintage?

To: glasspar@primenet.com
Subject: Re: What is Vintage?
From: CLCSF@aol.com
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 1997 13:49:15 -0400 (EDT)

<<
 Okay, what about this one
 My car is a '53 Glasspar that used '39 Ford running gear(suspension,
 engine, tranny, and axles). The engine, tranny rear end, and rear
 suspension has been replaced by a '66 Ford Falcon. The rear supension is
 going to be replaced by technology that was available in the '60s and
 not to different from what was on it originally but still not original.
 The only technologies on the car that weren't available in the '60s are
 fluids, fuel, tires and electronics(mainly tunes). Who would let me run
 in their vintage classes? The spirit is there but the perfect
 originality is not. >>

Anyone brave enough to drive a Glaspar at "speed" on a track with other cars
should be allowed any reasonable modifications. It is, as you know, basically
a truck with a glass sports car body.
Is this one of my uncles old  cars? John Queen of Long Beach sold his "53"
about 6 or 7 years ago and I've lost track of it. I drove his Glaspar several
times and I think it was raced at Palm Springs once or twice.

DonSF
Road Apple Racing