Re: What is Vintage?

To: Jarrid M Gross <jarrid_gross@juno.com>, vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: What is Vintage?
From: "Roger Garnett" <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 15:33:17 -0500
Mike &Jaye Rosen writes:

> I had a long talk with a US vistor in an MGA this past weekend at
> Shannonville and he was talking about how many electronic ignitions he
> sees at VSCCA events, which in theory are illegal. I don't think I've seen
> any of those in our club,

I'd had been thinking about getting one- as a reliability and cost issue. For
less than $100, I could solve the problem of old worn distributer bushings, and
have spot on timing. A lot cheaper than a replacement distributer. There's a
nice unit that fits inside the dist., and the only visible difference is an
extra wire entering the dist. body.

I'll still add them to my street cars, but looks like my Sprite is stuck with
the wobbly shaft and the more expensive high RPM Cooper S points. (Oh, the
rules didn't say I needed vacuum advance & stock points did they?)

 :-)

Roger