Re: What is Vintage?

To: Robert Lugo <glasspar@primenet.com>
Subject: Re: What is Vintage?
From: Jack W Drews <vinttr4@forbin.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 17:30:54 -0500
Robert Lugo wrote:

> Okay, what about this one
> My car is a '53 Glasspar that used '39 Ford running gear(suspension,
> engine, tranny, and axles). The engine, tranny rear end, and rear
> suspension has been replaced by a '66 Ford Falcon. The spirit is there but
>the perfect
> originality is not.
> --
>
> Robert Lugo
>

>From what I have observed as a driver, not a tech person, running in two
sancitoning bodies' races, no one will really know what the original
running gear pieces were under a 50's vintage one-off special.
Therefore, run her and don't worry!

I restored a car not previously raced, as a semi-replica of a 60's car.
I worried about the same things. My experience is that people genuinely
enjoy seeing the car and I've made lots of friends over it, because it
is done in the spirit of the times.

>From my personal standpoint as a fellow competitor, you are part of the
fascinating scene, I would look forward to seeing your car, and I wish
you wel!

uncle jack.