Re: What is Vintage?

To: S800Racer@aol.com
Subject: Re: What is Vintage?
From: Mike &Jaye Rosen <mra@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 1997 16:06:00 -0400
Having just read Doug's reply to Myles letter.
        Doug's right in identifying that the move away from racing a safe yet
reasonably original car is when the cost begins
to skyrocket.  As soon as someone in any race group decides he can 'afford' to
build a winner, it starts to cost us all
more to try to keep up. It helped me to make the decision to get rid of my
Mini. I really couldn't afford to be
competitive (my own lack of skill aside). So I found and restored a special

        It seems that Doug hit pretty close saying that most of us don't stray
very far on the authenticity issue. Or at the
very least might vary in relation to locality/regs. but still understand why
authenticity/attitude is debated.

        Which isn't terribly surprising since all of us love (fill in your own
descriptive here) Vintage racing enough to
bother to spend our time debating it in this group between us.

        I'm trying not break my arm patting all of us on the back but... I have
the feeling that most of racers we've been
ranting on about don't invest the time to try to think through what they're
doing for a hobby, i.e. the view through
their own windshield is all that matters

Or maybe I've been sniffing too much 114 - wow were the '60s ever good to me
Mike