Re: What is Vintage?

To: MHKitchen@aol.com, OLD67@aol.com, vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: What is Vintage?
From: PaceCars@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 11:43:18 -0400 (EDT)
I agree that tearing down an engine is beyond what I would want vintage to
come to, but non-invasive checks (pumping engines, checking cams on FF, etc)
may be the only way to bring the cheaters into line. Due to the lack of
enforcement, vintage racing appeals to emotionally damaged dimwits that have
a "win at any cost" mentality. They don't have the guts to race in SCCA,
where some bulletproof 18-year-old will clean their clocks, so they buid an
overbored, carbon-fiber, Willwood-calipered "vintage racer" with which to
collect tinware for display back at the office on Monday. Have you ever
noticed that there is usually an inverse correlation between driving ability
and the amount of cheater parts on the car? Ironically, everyone at the track
knows who has the cheater parts (it's a very small family) and ridicules them
behind their backs. Duh.
Harold Pace
Mallock U2