Re: HMSA Wine Country Classic

To: vinracer@ix.netcom.com, vinracer@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: HMSA Wine Country Classic
From: "adonald" <adonald@mail.direct.ca>
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 07:37:39 +0000
The May weekend was obviously new and different many places. I was
(for a while ) in the Spring Sprints Sovren put on in Seattle...until
(my version) another driver turned down on me ...their words "to
retake the racing line after letting a slower(!)
 car through"..... The
turn down was at about 30*left and would have required a further
3o*right turn to stay on the track. There was body contact and I have
acquired 5 pts and did not race the rest of the weekend. I believe
the other driver has 8 pts and a 13 mth probation.
Naturally I am disappointed/perturbed at points when there was
"nothing" I could have done....but I did not know the "style" or
reputation of the other driver and was racing as though no seriously silly
moves
would be taken (we were on a straight and I was beginning to
overtake, the other driver said she saw me but was retaking the
line...). I agree if you don't know who you are dancing with it is a
good idea to watch out for your feet and will drive with more
circumspection in the future....but I guess the days of relying on a
modicum of good sense from all others should be changed to rely on
those you know and leave a wide bearth to all others.
A suggestion was made that those of us who have 4 wheels off,
initiate or have body damage "wear" a scarlet letter for a time to
warn innocents.....we seem to have dropped the ball on driver
education....any suggestions ?
This last weekend was an eye opener for me.
Cheers, Alan