Re: TRF

To: Edward Hutchinson <seah@zorba.info.sunyit.edu>
Subject: Re: TRF
From: Martin Libhart <mlibhart@feist.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 09:45:35 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Edward Hutchinson wrote:

> I think what the whole issue boils down to is The Roadster Factory is a
> privately held company and as such decisions about the direction the company
> goes are made solely by the owner. Until he decides to go public, we are
> only customers.
>
> I would guess that we all agree that we would hate to see the TRF go out of
> business for its been a good source of parts for our TRs.
>
> It appears that Mr. Runyon has choosen a course which he feels will return
> his company to solid financial footings. All we can do is provide whatever
> support we as individuals feel is appropriate be it continued purchasing of
> parts or participation in the TRF Car Club (if we knew how much it cost).
>
> While he may be interested in our opinions, ultimately its his decision.
>
> My opinion, for what its worth.
>
> Ed Hutchinson

THANKS, ED! I've been biting my lip now for a day or so as this thread
plays out - you said it better than I could have, or anyone else has!

I've had an excellent experience with TRF to date. I, too, hope they're
around for a good while.  But the fact is, it is a privately held
company, and we can only hope that C. Runyan, too, hopes they're around
for a good while!  If he does, then the prudent business decisions will
be his to make.

Martin Libhart
1972 TR6 (driver)
1970 Spitfire (under restoration)