Re: TRF

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net (Return requested)
Subject: Re: TRF
From: DUHART JOHN <duhart@symbol.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 97 9:05:43 -0500
Hello all,

        I think people are missing the point.

>>Let's all let Charles run TRF and Coventry Inn...and when appropriate,
>>      buy parts we need!
>
>What, can you be serious! Let the man spend his own money as he sees
fit!?

        We did that, he invested in the Inn.  It drained capital.  He can still
spend his money as he sees fit, but now he is asking me (us) to join a
car club to help this company.  I would just want to know that my club
fee is going to making the company strong.  If not one day we could have
one less company, a bunch of people will be out of work, and I (we) will
have one less supplier to buy from and will have lost the best customer
support we have in TRF.  (I became a TRF Car Club member yesterday)

>It's our god given right that he has to put all his money into
developing
>car parts. Isn't it in the constitution, something about 'the right to
>bear (radius) arms?

        No, we have the right to bear arms against people who want to impose
taxation without representation, but that is 'a whole nother kettle of
fish'  ;-)

        I don't want him to put every dollar into developing car parts, that
would also drain funds from the company.  It sound to me like the worst
financial problems at TRF are behind them, but there is this bank debt
that Charles says is draining $300,000 dollars a year from this company.
Given want Charles and John S. indicate that is about 5%-6% of revenue.
It would seem to me that this needs to be fixed.  It would seems to me
that Charles intends to fix this from what he says in the news letter.  I
would just like to see a clear statement that XX% of me club fee is going
directly to cut TRF's debt load.  I think it would be the best way to
insure TRF is around for years to come.

>How dare he think that he can just do what he wants
>with his own capital! :-)

        He can do what he wants, but I also have to right not to give him my
capital if I don't like his choices.

>Bloody hell fire, he'll be buying clothes for himself
>and his family next rather than re-casting a concours quality
>TR3 gimcrick shim alignment nut! This cannot be allowed!:-)

        No that is taking it to the extreme, but maybe it is time to see if the
Inn can survive on its own.  Again I would hate to loss the best LCB
company in the US because the Inn killed it.

>Johnny Storm
>'77 spitfire 1500

JHD IV
74 TR6 Currently in boxes!  (oh no).