Re: So now what is my clutch doing?

To: KVacek@aol.com, RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: So now what is my clutch doing?
From: TR6Massey@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 1996 19:20:23 -0400
In a message dated 96-07-08 08:34:53 EDT, KVacek@aol.com writes:

>:
>
>>At a guess, I would say that if your clutch is new, then it 'may' be caused
>>by
>>a bad bearing in the overdrive unit,

>Thank you for jogging my memory...
>This may be the one-way (overrunning) clutch in the overdrive.

Karl, Francois, Rich, et al

Correct me if I am wrong but the one-way clutch only comes into play while
(whilst) (pendant) the overdrive cone clutch is in between the normal and the
overdrive position.  If the transmission is slipping all the time then the
one-way clutch is not to blame.

I recon (I think) (je pense)

Dave ( I know three languages - American, English and French) Massey
TR6Massey@aol.com

P.S. and I spell equally bad in all three