Re: So now what is my clutch doing?

To: prubrew@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: So now what is my clutch doing?
From: "Lee Daniels, daniels@tamu.edu" <DANIELS@alchem.chem.tamu.edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 1996 9:58:03 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Chris Prugh sez:

>Help me diagnose the cause of the slipping of my clutch.

OK, so you've got new clean parts in, and you expect it to be hunky-dory.
(oops - I'll bet that expression is revealing my age)

and later says:
>I have yet to get the wiring right on this overdrive either...

AHAH! - Now you tell the rest of the story.  Had the same problem on my TR6.
The clutch in the overdrive must be engaged one of two ways (power has to
get to the driveshaft with the OD both on and off) --- When it wears out,
it slips.

Lee M. Daniels   Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding   Texas A&M
 daniels@tamu.edu            (409) 845-3726          Fax (409) 845-9351
 '74 TR6  '77 MGB