Re: starter/solenoid

To: nebula@cybercom.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: starter/solenoid
From: TR6Massey@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 1996 19:19:51 -0400
In a message dated 96-07-07 23:47:47 EDT, nebula@cybercom.net (gregg stephan)
writes:

>Just started resurrection of 1973 TR6.
> ...the thinner wire from the ignition to the small clip on the solenoid had
snapped
>off....
>
>How can I reattach it? Was this a threaded screw that sheared off (I think
>not as there is a hint of solder residue on the clip at the spot where it
>would have attached).
>
>Should I forget it and just buy a new solenoid?

Gregg

Yes that was a small screw.  A brass screw.  If you take the solenoid off of
the starter (something you will have to do anyway) and dismantle it you will
see what it looks like.  There is a small wire (the solenoid coil wire)
attached to this screw.  You can  get a new screw at the hardware store (get
a few nuts while your there) and you might be able to attach this wire to the
new screw.

If this does not work get a new solenoid

Dave
TR6Massey@aol.com