So now what is my clutch doing?

To: "'British Car List'" <british-cars@autox.team.net>, "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: So now what is my clutch doing?
From: Chris and Karen Prugh <prubrew@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 1996 17:31:05 -0700
Cc: "'Charlie Brown'" <CBrown1500@aol.com>
PLEASE---

Help me diagnose the cause of the slipping of my clutch.
Both driven plate and clutch plate are brand new.
The seal on the back side of the bell housing (at the input shaft)
is brand new.  Everything was clean upon assembly.  Only thing
I can think of is some oil or other foreign substance has gotten
on the friction area of said plates...clutch fluid from slave cylinder?
Noticed slipping
in first gear upon takeoff twice, once in second gear after a quick shift.
Never had a clutch go slippery like this on an lbc.  Did have one act
similarly on an old Nissan Pulsar.  Turned out to be a rear engine seal.
I have yet to get the wiring right on this overdrive either...any more wiring
diagrams?

Thanks in advance

Chris "looks like I picked a bad week to stop sniffin' glue" Prugh