Re: So now what is my clutch doing?

To: prubrew@ix.netcom.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: So now what is my clutch doing?
From: KVacek@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 1996 22:48:30 -0400

>Both driven plate and clutch plate are brand new.
>The seal on the back side of the bell housing (at the input shaft)
>is brand new.  Everything was clean upon assembly.  Only thing
>I can think of is some oil or other foreign substance has gotten
>on the friction area of said plates...clutch fluid from slave cylinder?
>Noticed slipping
>in first gear upon takeoff twice, once in second gear after a quick shift.
>Never had a clutch go slippery like this on an lbc.  Did have one act
>similarly on an old Nissan Pulsar.  Turned out to be a rear engine seal.
>I have yet to get the wiring right on this overdrive either...any more
wiring
>diagrams?

I had this with my '71 TR-6 when it was about 1-1/2 years old (24,000 miles).
 I did the same things.  Then the OD unit blew up on the interstate.  After I
rebuilt it, voila, no more slipping. The cone clutches were pretty far worn.
 Hope it's not your problem, but it's a possibility.

Good luck !!
-Karl