Re: TR-6 as an everyday car?

To: Jess@cris.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR-6 as an everyday car?
From: "Chris Kantarjiev" <cak@godzilla.studio.sgi.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 1995 10:33:32 -0700 "TR-6 as an everyday car?" (Sep 27, 11:47pm)
I've been using my TR-4A as a somewhat daily driver for the six years I've had
her; there have been long times off the road (mostly when the bodywork from the
deer accident was being done). Right now she's my only running car, so she
takes me to and from work every day. When the GT6+ and Minor are back on the
road, I'll be rotating amongst them.

Just make sure everything is working and in good tune. Don't scrimp - fix it
now before it becomes a problem on the road. If there's a leak, fix it - be it
oil, air, water or fuel. Make sure your brakes and tires are in good shape.

The most important thing you can do is train your senses to notice things that
are different - a new noise, a bigger oil spot, a whiff of something - and find
and fix it right away. I've found that these cars are very good at telling me
that something's gone off long before it's a big problem; I just have to pay
attention.

Given the choice you face, I'd certainly put the money into the Triumph and
enjoy driving it every day, rather then being transported inside a closed
econobox.