Re: TR-6 as an everyday car?

To: Jess@cris.com
Subject: Re: TR-6 as an everyday car?
From: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 1995 08:33:02 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Jess:
Before I put my '71 TR-6 away for the "long sleep" 14 years ago, it was a
daily driver and a real ball. If the car is in good shape to start with
and you look after all the regular maintenance items, i.e. follow the
book, you should have no trouble. Be forewarned that the car can be a PIG
in the snow. I tried driving mine once in February in central NY; never
again. As far as keeping you warm in the winter and handling the cold, I
suspect that the only change to make would be thinner oil in the carbs.
See if you can get a hardtop; that will make it real cozy.

Phil Barnes  '71 TR-6  CC61193