Re: TR-6 as an everyday car?

To: Jess@cris.com, triumphs@autox.team.net, Peter Barrance <trs@eagle.gsh.jhu.edu>
Subject: Re: TR-6 as an everyday car?
From: R John Lye <rjl6n@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 95 15:06:53 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Sep 28, 12:51pm, Peter Barrance wrote:
> I think some of the responders to your question
> were talking more about running their car as their #1 during the summer,
> but using the 'other car' for odd trips and winter use. I interpreted your
> question more as 'Should I run my TR6 as my only car?'

I was one of those responders, and while its true that I now have
"another vehicle" that I use to tow my TR-4 race car, during the
the nine eyars that I was talking about, the TR-3A was my *only*
car.  I drove it winter and summer, snow and rain; I even moved
from Maryland to Colorado in it.  In fact, for most of the final
year before the "restoration from hell" (you think TeriAnn is
taking a long time? Ha, Isay, ha!), I had taken the windshield
off and drove it with a single Brooklands screen and a tonneau!
During that time, I was commuting from Westminster to Boulder, CO.
about 25 miles each way.  The Triumph fit my lifestyle at the
time just fine - and I was certainly older than 26 at that time...

> In addition, maybe I'm getting old (26...) but I really prefer driving the
> TR when I'm 'in the mood'. The firm ride can get a little wearing when one
> is tired.

cheers,

John Lye

rjl6n@uva.pcmail.Virginia.EDU