Re: TR-6 as an everyday car?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, Jess@cris.com
Subject: Re: TR-6 as an everyday car?
From: "Himelfarb, Mike" <mike@sdm.ShoppersDrugMart.ca>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 1995 05:50:22 -0400
Encoding: 2095 Text
I've been driving my '76 TR6 every day between April 15 and November
15 the past two years and enjoyed *every* minute of it.  Of course,
here in Toronto we get a lot of road salt in the intervening months so
driving through the winter is unthinkable.

The only problem I had which stranded me was a rear wheel falling off,
so remember to check the wheel nuts on a regular basis ;-)  Otherwise,
regular maintenance seems to keep everything running tip-top.  The
only other thing of note is that mine seems to require a minor tune-up
(set timing, clean plugs) about every 1,000 miles to keep it running
smoothly... 10 minutes work every 6 weeks is not a big price to pay!

Have fun!