Re: Stuck bolt

To: "Tim Mullen" <Tim.Mullen@trw.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stuck bolt
From: "Ben/Pam Zwissler" <zwissler@hsonline.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 18:56:23 -0500
Use a chain wrench (vise grip with a length of chain attached to where the
jaws would otherwise be) to clamp around the harmonic balancer and wedge it
against something imovable (frame rail, engine accessory mount, etc).  Then
try the cheater bar or impact wrench.  The impact wrench won't have much
effect if the item its being applied to is moving, the movement removes much
of the force from the impact.

This has worked for me on multiple cars, including my TR8 which has the
highest torque spec for the dog bolt of anything I've ever dealt with.  Good
luck...

Ben Zwissler
zwissler@hsonline.net
Columbus IN