Re: Stuck bolt

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stuck bolt
From: LSAPEX@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 11:20:25 EST
No, it's not left handed.
I've had good luck with a wrench and a big hammer. Blows to the wrench can
help break the bolt loose.
You really don't want to heat up the crank.

Les.

<< Help.

 I'm trying to take the crankshaft bolt out my 93 Honda accord.

 It's not really corroded (not rusty...), but I can't get it to come loose.

 I've tried a 600 ft.lb impact wrench, a breaker bar with cheater bar (hard
to hold the flywheel fro turning with the engine in the car - I'm just trying
to change the timing belts...) and heating the bolt with my propane torch.
Any suggestions?  Try a 3/4 impact wrench? -Where do I rent one?  or do I
rent (can you?) an oxy/acetylene torch to get it really hot?

 This one has me stumped...

 Tim Mullen >>