Stuck bolt

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Stuck bolt
From: "Tim Mullen" <Tim.Mullen@trw.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 07:46:07 -0800
Help.

I'm trying to take the crankshaft bolt out my 93 Honda accord.

It's not really corroded (not rusty...), but I can't get it to come loose.

I've tried a 600 ft.lb impact wrench, a breaker bar with cheater bar (hard to
hold the flywheel fro turning with the engine in the car - I'm just trying to
change the timing belts...) and heating the bolt with my propane torch.  Any
suggestions?  Try a 3/4 impact wrench? -Where do I rent one?  or do I rent (can
you?) an oxy/acetylene torch to get it really hot?

This one has me stumped...

Tim Mullen