Re: Road Rage

To: Ron & Julie Edgar <rvedgar@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Road Rage
From: Mark Dent <stickerman@home.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 10:35:40 +0000

Ron & Julie Edgar wrote:
 We
> were running in the inside lane of a 6 lane highway, speed limit 45, with
> most people doing 50. (everyone's in a hurry)  Suddenly I see the lights of
> a large jacked up pickup truck gaining fast.  He closed on me so fast he had
> to be doing 80. Hits the horn and holds it down.  My first reaction was one
> of "What's your problem buddy?... I'm doing the limit,.... your speeding!"
> Well .... I slowed down even more.!

Ron,

If by the inside lane you mean the left or fast lane, you are in the
wrong in my opinion. More jams and accidents are caused by people
driving in the far left at or below the speed limit. I have personally
seen people get "bumped" out of the fast lane by other cars for doing
this. I don't know how Florida is but here in Baltimore/Washington the
left lane is the fast lane regardless of the speed limit.

In fact you can get a ticket for riding in the far left if you are not
passing someone.

Mark
Baltimore
http://www.datsunroadsters.com