Re: New Solo 2 Officers for 2005 and change to Street Tire

To: jake@codeworm.com
Subject: Re: New Solo 2 Officers for 2005 and change to Street Tire
From: jake@codeworm.com
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 07:22:18 -0800
"Andy McKee" <andrewmckee@yahoo.com>, "John J. Stimson-III"
<john@harlie.idsfa.net>, "Jerry Mouton" <jerry@moutons.org>

Andy said:
> I would say that the large, unknown differences in street tires combined
> with a
> PAX factor makes Street Tire class competition even less meaningful.

Meaningful to whom, Andy?  I don't have to go into a warm-fuzzy discussion on
how some of us compete with ourselves.. I can
just point to the 11 events that I attended as evidence that it was meaningful
to me.  We'd go back and fourth every week,
struggling with our made-up PAX handicaps and our own driving demons..  We had
a blast because we each had someone to set
our sites on.

Jerry said:
> I think "popular" classes are those that are contested deeply, not
> those that everyone enters who wants to run in the morning or who slept
> late that day.

I resent that, Jerry.  We had EIGHT people run more than half of the events in
the regular season last year counting Christine.