Re: New Solo 2 Officers for 2005 and change to Street Tire

To: jake@codeworm.com
Subject: Re: New Solo 2 Officers for 2005 and change to Street Tire
From: Andy McKee <andrewmckee@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 14:15:53 -0800 (PST)
I think you're missing my point.  You could take a group of folks that happen
to perform similary on a PAX scale, create a class for them, and they'd
probably have a good time running it.  If you consider the large variation in
even a "spec" class due to driver ability, how is a class that competes on
street tires (large variation in sizes and quality), different prep levels (if
the cars were prepped to the limit of their respective classes they wouldn't
run in Street Tire), and using a PAX factor not less meaningful from a strictly
competition point of view?  You have so many variables that small differences
in time are *meaningless*.

That's just my opinion and why I would never choose to run the Street Tire
class with competition in mind.  I'd run it, as I have in the past, when I just
felt like showing up and running stree tires for the convenience.

-Andy

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250