Re: change to Street Tire class

To: jerry@moutons.org
Subject: Re: change to Street Tire class
From: "Richard Urschel" <osp13@mybluelight.com>
Date: 18 Dec 2004 16:40:47 -0000
On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 21:48:12 -0800 Jerry Mouton <jerry@moutons.org> wrote:
> >> What about two Street Tire rungroups?
> >
> > 1. Would an "even" split into two classes be sufficient to make balancing
> > run groups mangeable? Jerry?
>
> No possible way.  The new system for next year won't do that
> either, and there is no way I can see to do so.  However, it should
> help, maybe quite a bit.
So is a split likely to be adequate? If creating a lot of new classes
necessary? Was a change necessary in the first place? If you can't assess those
questions I can not imagine who could.

> > 2. Does the SFR Steering Commitee still have an agenda of promoting
> > National Champions?
>
> I believe so, but wouldn't that direction in the extreme mean doing
> away with all but the National-sanctioned classes?  I think
> putting on fun events is a strong secondary agenda? ;

SFR has the opposite problem of most regions or chapters; too many people want
to play. Maybe time for the committee to again discuss who to include and who
to exclude as was done when SCCA membership became a requirement to limit the
turnout? Maybe time to amend the charter or make a clear statement in The Wheel
and on the website so everyone knows? Maybe time for individuals to heed the
advice to attend the meetings if they want to protect their preferences?

I can see where people would be perplexed with a steering committee which
sometimes seems to randomly change directions. Rule 1 in organizational
management is to clearly define and document the objectives.

Sign up for Internet Service under $10 dollars a month, at
https://signup.mybluelight.com