Re: New Solo 2 Officers for 2005 and change to Street Tire

To: "Bryan Nemy" <bnemy@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: New Solo 2 Officers for 2005 and change to Street Tire
From: Kevin Stevens <autox@pursued-with.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 00:07:39 -0800
On Dec 16, 2004, at 23:50, Bryan Nemy wrote:

> Also at the meeting we decided that to assist in making the run groups
> more
> even and to foster better competition in the stock classes the Street
> Tire
> class will no longer exist as a single class.  Instead there will be
> separate Street Tire class for each stock class.  An example is G
> Stock -
> Street Tire, B Stock - Street Tire.  There will be no Street Tire
> class for
> SM, SM2, Mod, Prepared, or Street Prepared cars.  The Street Tire
> Classes
> will run in the same run group as their respective Stock class.  Any
> Questions?

To check my understanding - Street Tire will still exist as a trophy
class, and be scored by PAX; but will not run combined in a single run
group, instead each with its respective normal class?

I don't quite see how that evens the run groups, as it gives you fewer
and larger groups to balance with.  Nor do I get how it provides better
competition in the stock classes - your street tire cars had better not
be competitive!  ;)

I don't object to the move per se - there have always been pros and
cons to grouping vs splitting classes - but would like to understand
the reasoning better.

KeS