Re: Street Tires in Stock Classes and Fewer Allowances

To: bluethunder@adelphia.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Street Tires in Stock Classes and Fewer Allowances
From: JDMurphy47@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 20:27:59 EST
Glenn,
Let's work on this to see how we can make the insurance people not come  down
on us with really too tight (ugh!) course designs to limit speed in  the
stock classes:

1. I do not know what car you have so I do not know the circumstances as to
why you cannot get "good" street tires for it.
2. As the older cars age out and are replaced over time with the newer cars
the technology is already making cat back exhausts and a questionable
performance K&N air filter a poorer choice of where to spend your Solo
dollars.  The
shock absorber issue is one of expense and how to contain  it.  One
possibility would be to not allow different shocks but instead  allow any sway
bar at
both ends of the car.  I believe that this would be a  much cheaper alternative
to the $2K to $4K shocks that need maintenance once you  have them dialed in.
3. You will notice that I did NOT mention any other allowances because I do
NOT want to go back to the showroom stock days (I remember them, too).
The goal here is to slow down the stock class so that the insurance people
do not come down on us big time.

Thank you for your input.

Jim