Re: Street Tires in Stock Classes and Fewer Allowances

To: JDMurphy47@aol.com
Subject: Re: Street Tires in Stock Classes and Fewer Allowances
From: Scott Troyer - DDR TestEng <stroyer@micron.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 19:34:54 -0700
I really don't think going to street tires is the answer.

It is possible to set fun challenging courses that will allow our fastest
Stock and SP cars approach the upper limit of the rules as stated with
the use of DOT R rubber in Stock classes. And not go over.  We do it
all the time.

There is no need to make any rule changes or new classes.  We just need
to increase our awareness. Roger Johnson has a course design handbook
on his websight.  Maybe we need to review it.  I don't even want to think
about the headaches going back to street tires will bring.

Scott, SS#71
(not sure where the street tires are...)