Re: Street Tires in Stock Classes and Fewer Allowances

To: JDMurphy47@aol.com, bluethunder@adelphia.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Street Tires in Stock Classes and Fewer Allowances
From: SJMARCY@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 20:43:13 EST
Great point on insurance.  I looked at a Lotus Elise autotest event  video
and was surprised at the layout and speeds.  I posted about the  matter and
attendees explained that the insurance has all sorts of call  outs for speed
and
even has specific course design guidelines.  Such as a  90 degree turn every so
many yards.  One video I saw had a slalom at like  20 MPH.  I have the
feeling that were Autocross not long established in the  US, it would be hard
start up in these litigious, PC times.

Here is a video of what we DON'T want to happen:

_http://www.deeperbeige.com/files/SELOC/trackdays/nw_autosolo_20051108/2005-11
-08%20SELOC%20Test%20AutoSolo.wmv_
(http://www.deeperbeige.com/files/SELOC/trackdays/nw_autosolo_20051108/2005-11-08%20SELOC%20Test%20AutoSolo.wmv)

Stan