Re: ordering/shipping from tire rack?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ordering/shipping from tire rack?
From: Rick Shank <rickshank@banklogic.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 09:36:41 -0400 (EDT)
I do e-commerce processing for a living at a bank.   Most card-not-present
transactions require that the shipping and billing address match.  If not,
it's up to the merchant to decide whether to approve/deny the transaction.
It's a risk they take, and if they get caught on too many risks, then they
lose their right to process through Visa/Mastercard/the like.

The 3-digit card check (CVV2) is a good security check, because the data
isn't stored anywhere in the mag-stripe, just printed on the back of the
card.   It's a good fraud deterrance.

I've had similar issues when I was away at college and trying to order
things on a debit card.   I'm sure TireRack will get this resolved for
you, it's probably just a matter of human intervention.

~Rick Shank