Re: ordering/shipping from tire rack?

To: "Ryan Jenkins" <jenkinrp@jmu.edu>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ordering/shipping from tire rack?
From: "Patrick Washburn" <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2002 20:56:53 -0500
I don't know of any business that will ship anything without being sure they
are going to get paid.  Being in a small business, I see a lot of cards that
will not go through.  Things are getting stricter too.  If a name does not
*exactly* match, it won't go through.  Anyway, sorry to hear your having to
wait a bit for your stuff, but it sounds like TireRack is simply doing what
all normal businesses do.

> Last thursday morning i placed an order with tire rack (over the phone), for a
> fresh set of Kuhmo Ecsta V700's and some KYB shocks. I immediately recieved an
> email to confirm my order, and then about an hour later i recieved a second
> email, stating that they cannot confirm my billing address information. I had
> just placed two other orders on the phone (one to SPS for various items, one
> to Carbotech for 3 sets of pads) and they had no problems running my credit
> card (i know they verify billing address). I called Tire rack again on friday,
> and again on saturday, and both days the order was "on hold" in the
> verification department before its shipped. I've had hassles like this before,
> as on campus at school has its own zip code and not in any of the UPS/FedEx
> computers, but the company i'm ordering from has always been able to call up
> my bank and verify that it is correct. Is this normal from tire rack? I was
> expecting the tires to ship same day/next day...
> Thanks,
>
> Ryan
>
> Concerned in Northern Va

> ///  Partial archives at http://www.team.net/archive