Re: 2002 SCCA rules - text format

To: "Christopher Hammond" <christoc@christoc.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 2002 SCCA rules - text format
From: "Dave Hardy" <dave2020@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 22:46:44 -0400
I have no problem paying the $15.  It is a matter of convenience, not money.

Using the software / music parallel, you are actually paying a licensing fee
that entitles you to the use of the intellectual property, not just the
media that it is delivered on.  If I want to download a copy of a piece of
software I own, if I provide the proof that I own a license to it I can
generally download it for free.

Why can't the rules be the same way?  When you buy the rulebook, you have
bought a license for the use of those rules.  Then, by entering the relevant
info, you could have online access to rules that are in an easily printable
and copyable format.  Who loses with this scenario?

Dave Hardy
89 SM
DILYSI Motorsports - Drive It Like You Stole It!