Re: [evolution-disc.] Strange Hoosier tire wear issue - HELP!!!

To: Mike Neary <mcneary@usa.com>, autox@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] Strange Hoosier tire wear issue - HELP!!!
From: James Rogerson <jrogerson@houston.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 21:49:31 -0500
At 07:03 PM 5/28/2002 -0400, Mike Neary wrote:
>Okay, I am going through Hoosier A3S03s about twice as fast as I
>should be.  Please check out this page which has the details of my
>problem and pictures.  If anyone has had this problem and fixed it,
>please let me know.  I'm also open to suggestions and hearing what
>other think it might be.  If you have this problem and haven't fixed
>it, I'd also be interested in hearing about it so at least I know I'm not
>alone!!!    ;)   All I know is that I can't afford to cough up money for
>two Hoosiers every two events.

Negative camber = inner tread wear.  LSD = inside tread wear.  Toe out =
inside tread wear.
You could reduce the camber until the wear is acceptable and/or your
performance drops off, the same for the toe.  I'd set the toe to zero if
you're concerned with tread wear.  That would help with the least adverse
effect to performance.

Maybe Heyward will chip in, he know much more about FWD cars than I
do.  I've only driven one once in competition.

As Peter Fehn once told me, "They're supposed to wear like that, you want
to win don't you."  8^)

Your site says 26 runs on the tires, that's about all the Hoosier slicks
are good for.  Then they are just regional tires.

James Rogerson
FP #25
Old Fartz #86
"Nails are glue, hypothetically speaking."  - Lou Fertle