Re: 2002 SCCA rules - text format

To: "Team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 2002 SCCA rules - text format
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 09:45:31 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Tue, 28 May 2002, Mark Chiles wrote:
> The obvious answer, SCCA makes money selling their copyrighted material and
> this method of rulebook distribution prevents counterfeit copies of the
> rulebook from being sold by other individuals or regions.

Um, if I wanted to do this, I can do it from the CD they already sent
me...  See the rest of the messages in this thread that basically say "if
you know what you're doing, those restrictions don't exist"

> Also, not being able to edit and print the pages of the rulebook, prevents
> someone, who doesn't like certain rules, to edit rulebook to their liking,
> and printing out a modified rulebook, and trying to pass it off as gospel.
>
> Not that anyone has every thought of doing that... ;-)

Now how in the hell would this not get caught?

Not allowing printing / copying from the pdf file is a stupid inconvience
to the members.  I've always assumed it was just an oversight and a minor
enough thing that nobody really worried about it.  If its part of some
master plan to prevent the stuff you're talking about above, its just
idiocy.

Mark