RE: STU Rules Update Update

To: "'autox@autox.team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: STU Rules Update Update
From: "Miller, Don" <MillerD2@idhw.state.id.us>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 08:16:29 -0600
I don't think AWD is a class killer. If it was, why aren't the DSM's
cleaning up in ST now? The weight they give away seems to equalize things. I
see HS AWD Audi's that can't keep up with current class winners. I applaud
DG's efforts to put together the rules. Sometimes, you need to quit
nitpicking, smile and then do the best you can.

Of course I want an "I" class as well but I built my car for fun and what
other purpose is there in life but to have fun. In E-Mod where my car is, I
don't stand a chance but I built it myself and will compete with pride for
the DFL trophy.

Don Miller TLS #8
68 Datsun Roadster (underpowered at 250 hp for E-Mod)

>I rather resent the implication that I'm creating a "DSM dominatrix class".
>think there's a passle of supercharged Integra Rs, M3s, turbocharded Neons,
>Integra-motored Civics, DOHC Starions, hopped-up supercharged Grand Prixs
etc.
>etc. etc. who would beg to differ. For an "I" class, this one sure is wide
>open....

>>Rick Cone said:

Well I think you may be on to something.... It definitely is wide open if
and only if you band all wheel drive.  AWD will be a HUGE advantage in
getting power down, especially when you talk about the power you guys could
potentally make.