Re: STU Rules Update Update

Subject: Re: STU Rules Update Update
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 10:33:09 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Fri, 16 Jul 1999, Rick Cone wrote:
> Well I think you may be on to something.... It definitely is wide open if
> and only if you band all wheel drive.  AWD will be a HUGE advantage in
> getting power down, especially when you talk about the power you guys could
> potentally make.

I don't think so.  If you take a light car like a Civic or whatever and
drop in a real motor and suspension you'd have something like a 1k lb.
advantage on the DSM's wouldn't you?  I'll take a lot less weight over awd
any day of the week for autox.  The DSM's might do better at Prosol's, but
I'll bet a built civic would still do as well there too.

(but of course I'm kinda speaking outta my butt as I like stock classes
and don't know the actual weights of the cars in question.  In any event,
the SCCA needs a place for riceboy / FI modded cars to play and this
sounds pretty good.)

Mark