Re: MGTD Paint

To: s4usea@hotmail.com, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGTD Paint
From: Emgeeguy@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 19:47:15 EDT
Come on , guys. The 1950's may seem like a long time ago, but I'm sure there
were standard ways of doing things. Do you really think the painters mixed
the paint by eye to match a chip? Is it not possible that someone had a list
that said "mix 1 part burnt umbra, 3 parts white, 6 parts xxx, etc.",
whenever a batch of paint had to be made, by whoever mixed the paint? I don't
see how it could have been done any other way. And was it the guys at MG that
mixed the paint? Unless someone can show otherwise, I would postulate that
the guys at MG painted the cars with paint that had been purchased, which had
been mixed by a paint factory somewhere.
Long again