RE: MGTD Paint

To: "Hermance, Jonathan" <Jonathan_Hermance@ATK.COM>
Subject: RE: MGTD Paint
From: rfeibusch@loop.com (Richard Feibusch)
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 17:42:24 -0700 (PDT)
Jon,
>From what I understand, there were probably three metalic colours that were
available in one form or another on MG TDs. A silver-green similar to that
light green Hammerite that tool boxes were painted in the 1950s (like
mine), a light metalic goldish-silver and a pewter-ish silver colour. Only
the green was ever seen with the dark wings. My friend and British Car
expert, writer Harry Newton, who sold these cars new in New York City when
they were new says that they never did any two-tone cars at the factory and
that they HAD to have been done at the dealership but I know what I found
on my own car and Mike Goodman also says that they did so I BELIEVE!!!
Harry just might have never seen one. I've seen a number of MG YAs in the
same two tone sos I knows that they gots the paint.

Cheers,

Rick