Re: MGTD Paint

To: floydinman@compuserve.com, MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com, s4usea@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: MGTD Paint
From: Emgeeguy@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 19:32:34 EDT
floydinman@compuserve.com writes:

<< As a result, practically every batch was a bit different. There is no
 standard MGTD Red! There is no standard MGTD Green! Etc. The color of a car
 was that which was in the bucket at the time. >>
Call me a doubting Thomas, but I find that a little hard to believe, How do
you know that, Floyd? It seem to me that the MG factory had to buy their
paint from somewhere, like all businesses do, and probably ordered umpteen
gallons of some sort of red or blue or cream color paint at a time, and
probably kept ordering the same paint number when reordering. Why would they
do otherwise?
Larry Long