RE: MGTD Paint

To: "'rfeibusch@loop.com'" <rfeibusch@loop.com>
Subject: RE: MGTD Paint
From: "Hermance, Jonathan" <Jonathan_Hermance@ATK.COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 12:07:17 -0500
Rick,

Thanks for the reply.  I had thought from reading various sources that
Silver Streak Gray (SSG) originated in 1953 as a replacement for slow
selling Clipper Blue.  I gathered the SSG color was rare and only a few 53
TDs and later TFs came to the US in SSG.  I have assumed my late 53 car was
originally painted in SSG.  Your telling of silver green colors on 50 to 52
vintage TDs indicates I may not be calling the greenish color by its proper
name.  I would still like to determine if SSG was a metallic gray-gold paint
with a hint of green or if it was metallic silvery gray with no green in it
at all.  Regardless of what the greenish gray metallic color is called I
like how it looks on my firewall and intend to use it on the rest of the
car.  Confirming the color had a factory name and was as authentic as any of
the reds out there would be fun.

Jon