Re: MGTD Paint

To: "Hermance, Jonathan" <Jonathan_Hermance@ATK.COM>, <BobMGT@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: MGTD Paint
From: "david.tinker" <david.tinker@virgin.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 00:18:33 +0100
The TD which I purchased at an auction here in the UK in 1989 was an import
from California. The colour was chocolate brown with black wings and the
interior was red !!. When I rebuilt the car a very careful examination was
carried out to try to find out what the original colour scheme was, so that
I could replicate it. The only colour I could find was black, (draw your own
conclusions on the original colour). However the colour I eventually painted
it in is Ivory with Green interior, and I still have the car.

Last year I bought a 54 TF which had not turned a wheel since 1969, the
colour when purchased was a light brown colour,on examining the paint code
plate what did I find?,  the original colour, yes Ivory!!!.

I am now trying to decide what colour to paint the TF and a friend of mine
has a very nice car in dark Jaguar Blue, a non standard colour but one that
should have been included in the range. Those of you who have access to
Clausagers " Original MG T Series " will find on page 76 a beautiful
metallic green TF. The jury is still out on the final colour selection!!.

Kind Regards

David Tinker