frame-off restoration

To: "Datsun Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: frame-off restoration
From: "Terry and Donna Cost" <tcost@vvm.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 21:31:45 -0600
One thing that helps me is a good set of exploded parts diagrams, showing
what fits what and in which order it's assembled.  There are websites with
the parts diagrams and we spent a lot of time talking about a CD-ROM with
the Nissan/Datsun microfiche on it.  Who wants to re-advertise?  I use the
catalog from Rallye sometimes, and there are lots of vendors with copies of
shop manuals (which don't show all the parts, but show most of the critical
assemblies)  I also have a parts car that I keep in one piece to compare
with the item I'm working on.  You now have a good excuse for you wife when
you bring home a rusty hulk. "Honey, I just can't find a good parts book
anywhere, and I NEED this car as a reference tool."

Leisure Suit Terry