RE: Proposal for SP cars to compete in P ???

Subject: RE: Proposal for SP cars to compete in P ???
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 17:22:28 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Tue, 9 Oct 2001, Mark Sirota wrote:
> It's not immediately obvious to me that Prepared motors are inherently
> faster than Street Prepared motors.
>
> In SP, you have free intake, exhaust, and ignition with stock internals.
> So you are limited by the amount of air that can flow through the heads.
>
> In Prepared, you have fairly restrictive intake with fairly free internals.
> So you are limited by the amount of air that can flow through the intake
> system.

And here I thought I was gonna need to get a good intake, heads, and carb
for my prepared motor!  Thanks!  You saved me a ton of money!

:-)

Prepared, unless I've missed something, doesn't limit intake explicitly.
The rules do prefer carbs vs. efi (except for AP I think).  Is that what
you meant?

Mark